**Please check with us for Price and availability**
Mouth Piece (for the horse)Design: Curved mouthpiece with 1 1/4" jointed center barrel with copper roller.
Function: With pressure on both reins, uses pinch and restrict with a release - restricts the tongue and collapses on the bars. Pressure is dispersed across wide center barrel as it rolls down into the tongue. Each side of the mouthpiece moves independently, allowing rider to lift one side off the tongue to the bar. Roller appeases busy-mouthed horses.
Usage/Solution for: The MB03 is an alternative to a regular nutcracker-like Snaffle or Bristol-type mouthpiece. Independent side movement allows the rider to isolate one side and lift the shoulder. Working primarily off the tongue and bars, the MB03 is a good choice for young horses learning to bend and balance.
Cheek Piece (for the rider)Direct action when pressure is exerted on the reins, the same amount of pressure is exerted on the mouth. More direct signal than loose ring. Straight side of Eggbutt will not pull through mouth and does not pinch.
1. Remove drop or flash noseband. With Combinations also remove the Caveson.
2. The bit should sit so that only 1 soft wrinkle appears in the corners of the mouth.
3. There should be about 1/2cm each side of the bit (Not too snug)
4. Bits with Hooks – the reins and cheekpieces of the bridle should pass through
the hooks on the outside of the ring so that the leather is not against the face.
5. Attaching curb chains – the curb chains for the bits with hooks sit higher than on
a double bridle, Pelham etc. (they sit roughly where the caveson would be). The
chain should be initially adjusted so that two fingers can be inserted in the space.
Some horses work better if the chain is tighter than this.
6. Combination bits – The noseband of the combination should be adjusted tight enough
so that it sits horizontal and will not drop down and affect the breathing. Care should
be taken to check this from time to time as the leather will stretch. There should be
enough slack so that the noseband will release when the rider gives the hand.